Thread: Player Discussion: Matt Read (thread started in 2011)
View Single Post
Old
10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
And thats fine if he hits a wall. As long as he produces in those 40 or whatever games.

Now I think the problem everyone is going to see is when ALL our rookies hit the wall, including Couturier and Schenn. This isnt just a problem with Read but with the other two as well.
There is always that potential with any rookie, and I think Couturier and Read both will eventually slow down, but I can see Schenn staying consistent throughout. Not necessarily ripping it up and winning the Calder, but I think with Schenn you have a guy that is already "there," so to speak. The general consensus about this kid is that he is the most NHL ready player of any player not in the NHL. That doesn't mean that he isn't going to struggle at times or even throughout, but I think with Schenn, if he stays healthy, he should be able to consistently contribute. Couturier and Read, however, I could easily see slowing down when it gets into December-January. I don't think that is a knock on those two at all, it's just part of being a young guy in the NHL. It's not a guarantee, but I think we'll see Read and Couturier level off at some point during the season. Schenn I am confident will be consistent though.