View Single Post
Old
10-20-2011, 02:04 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
I am incredibly encouraged by what I've seen from Gaborik this year. Even his goal last night, which was just a tap in, demonstrated his ability to find open ice and be in the right place at the right time. That's what he's pain to do.
In Tuesday night's game I believe in the 1st period, I watched him skate hard through the neutral zone on a backcheck and lift a player's stick to disrupt a play and create a turnover... When I saw that I was thinking we'll be getting a different Gaborik this season than the one we saw last because 4 games in, he looks like a different player - more determined and focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i dont think he ever got 100% healthy last year. i think his shoulder was hurting him, and it caused his shot to be about half the speed it usually was. in the game against the Canucks there was 1 play where he let got a wrister from above the circles that hit the glass before luongo even realized he had shot the puck. the velocity is there this year, it wasnt last year. when he has confidence in his shot, it gives him confidence in all aspects of his game, because if you know Gabby cant score from the outside, you give him everything out there and take away his speed by backing up a little. now it looks like defenseman have to respect his shot, giving him a chance to beat them with his speed.
His head was not in the game last year.... He wasn't skating with any consistent level of intensity and subsequently the coaching staff was all over him about not moving his legs enough out there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregNYR19 View Post
i think its due to the fact that the pressure is off him to do all of the scoring. he can rely on richards, he probably feels more confident with a true #1 center along side him and its translated into goals in 3 of 4 games. hopefully they only get better, because when gaborik is healthy, we all know what he can do. ive enjoyed richards so far for sure, hes quickly becoming my new favorite ranger
In a weird way I would say that there is some element of pressure to deliver now for the very fact that he does have a #1 Center playing with him, so there's really no excuses not to perform.... Sure I bet he's feeling more confident about his ability to score now that he's got a prime set-up man centering his line, but he also has to know that there is increased expectation for him to put up points for that very reason....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 10-20-2011 at 02:14 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote