Old
10-20-2011, 02:41 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Kris Chucko Retires

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2208171/

Quote:
“My decision was based on how I felt, how crappy I felt for and have felt for the last 11 to 12 months, and the six or seven months (after) the first one,” Chucko said from his home in Minnesota. “When you sit at home with a headache for six or seven months straight, the decision doesn't come too hard.

“It was one of those things where I basically buried myself in a cage for two years because I couldn't do anything and I started to think `Is this really worth it?“
Quote:
“If you took out a concussion symptoms chart I was feeling pretty much all of them,” said Chucko, a native of Burnaby, B.C. “Dizziness, vision, sensitivity to light, sensitivity to sound, nausea, sickness — you can go right down the list to the very bottom, other than memory.

“On the second hit my neck just deteriorated, I can't lift a heavy bag of groceries yet, so I'm not working out or lifting weights cause I get these shooting pains down the back of my neck and it's pretty uncomfortable.”

I know he got a lot of flack around here, but it's really unfortunate that things turned out this way for him.

All the best to him and his recovery.

Last edited by tmurfin: 10-20-2011 at 03:06 PM.
tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote