Thread: David Booth
View Single Post
Old
10-20-2011, 04:26 PM
JPG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Oh if you were trying to point out ice time then we need to show the whole picture. Here's the breakdown to compare of his ice time per game from last yr to now:

Season GP ES TOI/GM SH TOI/GM PP TOI/GM Shifts/GM
2010-2011 82 15:53 0:08 2:52 23.6
2011-2012 5 11:21 0:14 4:04 21.2

So he's getting less shifts per game and while his PP time has increased (and our PP is more effective this yr), his even strength time has decreased significantly. So that should start to explain for his lack of point production as well...you cant score pts from the bench. Also only a third of his goals from his last 2 full seasons have come on the PP...so his lack of scoring has nothing to do with how much icetime he gets on the powerplay and he just needs to be on the ice a bit more during 5v5 IMO.
Well I mean you can make numbers look however you want them to. Last year we averaged 3.2 power plays per game, this year we are averaging 5.2, so you could also say that he's getting less even strength time because...there's less even strength time to go around. I wouldn't make anything of him not scoring. Not only does he have to get chemistry with his new teammates but the sample size is way too small to say anything. If you are grading people only on the scoresheet then he won't appear to be contributing, but he has been a solid contributor. Much like I do not expect Campbell or Veersteg to continue on a 1.40 ppg pace, I do not expect that Booth will lay off the score sheet for long because he is doing the right things. He won't be a ppg scorer but I expect 20-25 goals from him.