View Single Post
Old
10-20-2011, 03:33 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Doughty was more impressive for sure. Top teams in the world and he was dominating. And unlike Subban he played a great two way game. There's no way Subban would be ready to play on Team Canada. He's not mature enough yet.

Too early to say who will be better in the long run? Sure. I think Subban has amazing offensive instincts but Doughty is ahead right now because he can play much better D than Subban can.
Agreed but we have seen flashes of genius in both zones from Subban which is obviously a good sign, but for sure he can't be called better yet LOL

In my opinion he does have the potential to be that kind of D though, he isn't that far off defensively he just needs to work hard. He's young and will no doubt make mistakes but the talent and work ethic are clearly there, it's all about growing up honestly he just needs to mature. (like you said)

I don't see why people are panicking though, he's played bad before and he bounced back. When you're young and people have that high expectations of you... you're under a microscope. Frankly he hasn't been that bad offensively either, people make it sound like because after 5 games he still isn't capable of putting up 40+ points this season. The team will play better in time, with Markov and Cammy coming back especially and on top of that they'll get more time to start clicking and gain confidence. We've seen this all before and if anyone thinks we won't be in a playoff spot or even fighting for one imo they're crazy. This team has way too much talent and guys like Diaz Emelin and Weber are getting better every day. We have three guys with potential to be a top 4 D one day. On top of it Emelin and Diaz are 25 so it isn't like they're green.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote