Old
10-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Professor John Frink

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Every GM makes mistakes.

I was one of the first to come out and say Murray made a mistake moving Gardiner and Lupul for Beauchemin. In my opinion he paid too much, and you should never be cavalier about giving up one of your top prospects. But it's done, and Burke isn't going to graciously give Gardiner back.

That doesn't mean I won't keep an eye on Gardiner though.
I'm with you here. One of my biggest complaints about Murray is his asset management. Seems silly to give up a top 6 guy and a top three prospect for arguably a guy who slates in as your 4th best defenseman.

But I get why it was done. We needed a dman, management, coaches, players are all familiar with Beauchemin. It makes sense. I think you'd just hope the GM would either have the foresight to not let him sign elsewhere in the first place or trade away Lupul only for that 3/4 dman we need.

Seems to me once Beauchemin became available Murray put on the blinders and did whatever it took to acquire him rather than shop around for other dmen with similar attributes who wouldn't cost as much. Again this is all speculation on my part, he may have shopped around.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote