Thread: Hf top 100
View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 10:36 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.T.
I personally think that Deslauriers is better than the goalies that you mentioned there. But one reason that I think he is above those goalies on that list is because he is ranked our #1 prospect.

The other goalies on that list are mainly ranked #3 prospect or lower on the team pages at HF. I do not agree with some of the rankings by each teams editor. For example Lenevue is Pheonix's last ranked prospect at #17 I believe, while Harding is Minnesota's #9. I think that if Lenevue was ranked in Phoenix's top 5 he would automaticaly be in the top 100, IMO he should be between 60-80 (instead he was'nt even ranked).

I have'nt seen much of the goalies that you are talking about but by judging Ward on his tryouts with the WJC, he has not looked as good as Deslauriers. Ward was one of the first round cuts for Canada last year if I remember correctly, and at this years summer camp, he was once again probably the worst goalie.

And as for Harding I think that the are pretty close right now, but IMO Deslauriers has a bigger upside.

And I cannot comment on Toivonen at all because I have not seen him play, or even heard anything on him, other than he had a good camp for the Bruins.
I think that you maybe hit the nail on the head. Leneveu not even being on the list.(which I missed...good catch ) gives me more speculation that it is suspect.