View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz
Ya, I never thought he was irreplacable, and I wasnt mad he got traded. I was sad when I saw the interview, thats about it.

Brewer and Niinimaa were suposed to be the same type of player, and Brewer has more of an upside. If we had to let one go, I would have done the same as Lowe. Hopefully he can find a defenceman for Comrie and Brewer can develop with the pressure off a bit.
Maybe part of the reason people want Janne back is that Isbister has done nothing.
Torres will be a good player for years to come but Isbister has been a disappointment thus far. Time will tell, but for right now we lost that deal. Bitter pill to swallow as top defensemen are hard to come by.

As for Brewer. Expectations are high for him because he is playing worse than he did two years ago. I don't think the heat has been turned up all that much more with him this season, he's just plain playing badly. We are totally justified in thinking he can and must be way better than he has been thus far this season.

As for Salo. He has the worst statistics of any starting goalie in the NHL, and makes well above the average salary for a starter. GAA over 3.50 and svp under .860. That's brutal. And you can't say that it's just the team playing badly in front of him. Belfour had a brutal defense in front of him last year and his stats were fantastic because he ELEVATED his game. That's what all-stars and top money guys are expected to do. Salo hasn't done it for more than a season. His play has been a major reason for the Oilers rough start. Period.