Old
10-28-2003, 10:06 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz
Ya, well Niinimaa had better players to learn from than Brewer. Brewer is #1 so I guess he has to learn from himself. If he learns from his mistakes, he should be an all star any time now. Brewer has the low point of the season so far with that giveaway. I'm hoping he gets it out of his system early. When Brewer is on top of his game, hitting, skating, dekeing, I'll take him over Niinimaa. We havent seen it much though, but the rest of the team is just as guilty. I'm hoping this time off will give them time to think.

Or mabye I'm bias since Brewer plays for the Oilers and Niinimaa not.
Agreed. It is VERY tough. Niinimaa had Hamrlik and Mirnov to learn from. Brewer has..... Brewer. I think when Lowe was coaching him that helped him ALOT. But as you said, when playing their VERY best - I take Brewer easily over Niinimaa. Brewer on his good games reminds me of Blake - VERY TOUGH, is great at joining or leading a rush, and won't get caught because of his great speed. But on his bad days Brewer looks like any 24 year old who has big expectations and is suffering growing pains.