View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
The Wild are in fourth-from-last place in the entire NHL, while the Sabres are tied for sixth place. Not to mention the 3 game winning streak Buffalo's on. But it is never that easy, is it? I'm pulling for a Sabres win; really close and low scoring... maybe 2 - 1.

About making some changes, I'm all for giving Pat a rest and ALSO putting Max in. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... blah blah. What ain't broke are the top two lines. That doesn't mean we can't scratch Pittis or Botteril and put Max in. He was benched for not playing well, or more likely for not producing, cause he wasn't playing the worst out of the bunch at the time he was benched. Well, that was done to light a fire under his ass. If that fire was lit, well, his ass is roasted right about now. No sense in letting him sit over the flames until his bones are dusted.

I'm sure everyone agrees here that Patrick isn't up for a full 82 game season. He needs his time off, and while less people may agree that this game is the right time to do it, I feel it is. It is pretty commonly held that the first game off a long road trip is always hard. Fresh legs from some guys all juiced up over not being able to play when their team had a 3 game winning streak should be just what the doctor ordered.