View Single Post
Old
10-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
i'm with you on this nomore...what we were counting on to turn this team into a top 8 type team is the fact last year we drew more pp's than any other team and had a good pp on top of that...with the addition of kariya i figured it would turn our good pp into a great one and the expected(and realized league wide) number of pp's i figured our pp's opportunities would increase as much as anyone...the combination of these two things i thought might well make our pp nigh unstoppable..

but here we are near the bottom in number of pp's drawn, and our pp has struggled to boot... if we can correct these two things, we should be on fire

i'm afraid the lengthened blueline has affected timonen and zidlicky more than most d-men... these two have highly accurate shots, but not booming one-timers from the point powerwise... so now their shots are coming from the blueline,but the blueline is 4-5 feet farther out, giving more reaction time to goalies... the one thing we are doing a horrible job at on the pp above all else is compacting the zone.. watch most teams..as they work the puck to the halfboards and then back out to the defensivemen at the point positions most teams inch closer and closer on the point toward the goal...we are not doing this... we're not walking in tighter and tighter like we should be, everyone simply holds their position out at the bluelines, even on our 5 on 3's to an extent..