Thread: Switzerland: Swiss young guns
View Single Post
Old
10-21-2011, 07:30 AM
duga

vCash: 500
interesting quotes about G. Hofmann in here...

his game definitely looks a bit unstructured right now.

I think there are various reasons for it. Expectations from in- and outside are much higher after his draftpick (sophomore), his late injury last year, his trip to NA to interrupt the preseason...

about his hockey sense/intelligence: I agree is not (yet) on his skating and hustleing level. But it's not on a bad level IMO, it just get more exposed because of his playing style.
When he finds a bit of time, his decisionmaking "historically" is pretty good. And a guy with that great footspeed and lack of hockey sense, wouldn't be an option as C, which he's been on all levels he's played yet. Plus he got a history of being "clutch", and that would be an untypical characterisation as well, for a guy lacking hockey sense.

There's a good chance IMO, that he won't end up like Andres Ambühl, who's the prototypical player in Switzerland, who got it all, except a solid hockey sense/iQ.

I'd like to see him along a smart, veteran forward, that could lead and correct him on the ice...

It definitely doesn't help when he has to play alongside a guy like R.Raffainer, who got a long history of making his linemates ineffective with his unsopisticated pattern of the game.

duga is offline   Reply With Quote