10-21-2011, 07:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
man oh man...

watched the third period + overtime of the Rangers game... McDonagh is really, really good.

I imagine this is the kind of player Timmins thought he had with the pick, and if this is just the start for him in terms of his NHL potential (very reasonable considering that this is essentially his rookie season), he could very quickly turn into an all-star caliber player.

Netted the OT winner on a great read/finish on a rebound, and late in regulation he almost scored the winner on a beautiful play where he flashed some amazing hand-eye-coordination on the fly.

skills, poise, skating, and while not physical, he seems big enough and smart enough to be very effective in the d-zone.

I wonder how Timmins really feels about the player, the trade, and his bosses decision making that led to it... i bet it burns him to the core.
He also scored a goal and had a beautiful rush from the point that set up a Gaborik tap in against Vancouver.

He's been a god-send for the Rangers thus far as he's been asked to log a lot of minutes with Staal out. Only real negative is he's taken a few bad penalties.