View Single Post
Old
10-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Again, not that I am for or against anything right now, again, too soon to tell. Yet, I'm just amazed at that "YOU CAN'T TANK IN MONTREAL" yet, it seems you can't reach the finals in 18 years.....how's that more acceptable? Oh and while there would be tons of boo-birds all over, if there's a time you CAN tank it's now. 'Cause it's jam packed at the Bell Centre with tons of people waiting for tickets. 'Cause if RDS isn't willing to get the rights to the games when their contract ends, there's TVA Sports who will take the risks 'cause in the end, the supposed incredible and really bad tanking might only happen for 2 years. 2 years of tanking, with some 1st round and 2nd round picks additions along the way, with the upcoming 2012 and 2013drafts? That would be more than enough to get that team going. Add the upcoming guys in Juniors and you have a force to be reckon with in no time (hoping you also have addressed your coaching and management issues).

Yet, it's not the time to take that decision. Not after 5 games makes no sense. And the tanking approach also makes no sense at that time of the year, you don't bail out like that. But when comes trade deadline and you're 10 points out of it, I don't see the problem. And don't think that adding a Niklas Sundstrom for a 2nd round pick will fix everything.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-21-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote