View Single Post
Old
10-21-2011, 11:48 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
It's not because the guy has been a legitimate goal scorer his entire career and never had a true number one center. So I'm not sure you really have a point there.

I know you're incredibly naive and unwilling to think critically about things based on the numerous conversations we've had about other things in the past. But there is a big difference between being injured and being hurt. Gaborik should draw your praise, not your ire for being out there last season when he clearly wasn't 100%. What player with any character would ever come out and blame their play on being hurt? Gaborik was healthy enough to play, sure. But anyone with eyes could tell he wasn't the same player as the season before. I wouldn't expect Torts to say anything differently either. Torts has never been an excuse guy (when it involves someone other than himself).

And the WC thing again, really? Gabby was healthy enough to play because he wasn't going to cause further injury to it when he finally came back. I'm guessing you've never injured anything before because that in no way means that it's 100% and you feel like you can do everything you used to be able to do before you were hurt. The WC are a huge deal to these players that represent their countries. No one cares if someone like you thinks they shouldn't play. It's not your decision to make.

If you really watched all last season after he returned, his first season here, and now what we've seen this year, and can't logically come to the conclusion that the shoulder was a huge issue, I can't help you there.

So yeah, you're either extremely naive or a hater. Not sure what you want me to say.
I have seen you bring this up a few times now (bold), I don't recall Torts making an excuse for himself. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I was wondering if you had any basis for that?

Also, I specifically remember Torts saying Rozsival, Prospal, Drury and a few other players were hurt last season alone, and using that to justify why they may have been getting limited ice time or not playing well.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote