View Single Post
Old
10-21-2011, 02:52 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by facts View Post
I thought that we played a good game for 40 minutes but the third was dreadful, start to finish. I think Briere and Jagr need to pick it up, they aren't doing that much offensively and we need their production. I would like to see Voracek and Jagr with Giroux for awhile, I think they need to get those 2 going and Giroux could get them going.
As for Bryz, I think he has played well, lastnight the majority of the goals were deflections or scrambles our D should be faulted for most. Our breakout leaves alot to be desired and our PP entry costs us alot of PP time. Hartnells play lastnight was terrible, he made a mistake, trying to do lots with little.
Our PK is steady to me and Couts is going to be good, I thought his minutes were more meaningful than Schenns as they should be at this point, but Schenn has better composure for sure. Simmonds is trying to do too much, clearing enjoying the extra ice time, he works so hard. We lose 1 game and the sky is falling, we have a big game against ST.L tomorrow and need to get it going.
I don't think the sky is falling. What clearly irritates me are the ongoing mistakes that veteran players make and continue to make. On top of it, I'm tired of seeing players who aren't playing well continually getting rewarded with more ice time while Laviolette plays conservative with the young guys like Schenn and Couturier. If those two are outplaying the veterans, then they should be rewarded with the ice time and have the vets sit and watch. I've always hated the environment of vets not having to earn their time because they've already been there.

There needs to be a cultural adjustment in Philadelphia. The locker room culture has changed, now it's time to change other facets in terms of on ice management.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote