View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Atlanta Jim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
I seem to be the only one, but I"ll say it then. Horrible trade!
Comrie, a proven top two line centre for Stefan who has never proven a thing and Coburn a draft pick just this past year? Yech!

Look at the Atlanta lineup, he can't even break onto a team where the forwards are mostly unproven rookies!!! What chance does he have on the Oilers? So what happens if Stefan doesn't pan out and becomes another Horcoff/Marchant 3rd /4th liner. We haven't found ourselves a #1 centre AND we don't have a replacement defender on our blueline, as Coburn probably won't be ready for another 3 years!

If we want Stefan, let's trade somebody lesser to get Stefan and get better proven product for Comrie. How about Rita or Pisani + 2nd pick for Stefan?
IMO opinion Atlanta won't trade a number 8 pick for a hold-out 20 goal scorer. I mean....if we trade Coburn I would expect him to be in a package for a big scoring winger. We've got other prospects and next year's number 1 to trade for Comrie. I'm the first to admit that if I were Edmonton I wouldn't be impressed with Stefan.....and if I couldn't have Coburn or Exelby (which we won't trade) I'd ask for the number 1 and two more prospects. Unless you need a goalie which we could give you ......and we'd pay most of the $$$$. Thrashers have already said they are going to have to pick up $$$ in whatever deal they make.