View Single Post
Old
10-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Bauer Warrior*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
When I watch the Isles, I can't help but marvel at the play of JT. The guy just gets it. He's got such good instincts and is the smartest player on the ice by a MILE.

Seriously though, why have you guys not addressed the need for him to have better linemates?

I watched about 20 mintues of the game the other night and on two separate occasions I noticed him make GREAT plays to win the battle for the puck and send it over to Moulson...who proceeded to fumble with it both times.

I couldn't imagine if he had legit wingers.

That brings me to my question. I own Strome in a fantasy league and am toying with the option of trading him in order to get some players like E Kane and Ennis.

It makes me wonder if Strome will have an eventual shot to play with JT. I know they are both centerman, but in all reality I think both could play either position.

How do the fans view the situation? Is Strome a potential JT linemate as early as NEXT season?
I would argue with anyone who would dare argue that Tavares' linemates are just fine. Unfortunately, the Islanders weren't bad enough to select Taylor Hall two years ago. I'm hoping they can trade for a qualified winger. I'm not sure if Strome will shift to the wing. Much remains to be seen.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote