View Single Post
Old
10-21-2011, 04:07 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

vCash: 500
What I think:
Klein should really be on the bottom pairing. He's decent, but just that.
Ekholm would really benefit from Milwaukee.
If this type of play continues (though I have a feeling it won't), Rinne's gone at the end of the year.
Weber is trying too hard, but at the same guy he's like the only guy trying to clear the crease out there! None of the other d-men are playing nearly as physical. We already know that's not Suter's niche. Blum is a PMD. Klein doesn't hit, Hillen was a scrapper on long island but afaik wasn't a heavy checker and Ek, Laakso and the young guys, they aren't going out either to do that. SOB did have a benefit in that he was a crease clearer and a physical player.

For a team that prides itself on outworking and outhustling the other team, we're pretty finesse-like. Tootoo and Geoffrion seem to be the only forwards out there regularly playing with any sort of fire.

They aren't living up to Smashville. Right now, polite-bumpville is where they are. Never thought I'd ever have to say this about the Preds but they're lacking grit and sandpaper right now. Joel Ward and SOB are missed I'd say- at least they brought that.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote