View Single Post
Old
10-22-2011, 02:59 AM
Bauer Warrior*

vCash: 500
Top 20? Your friend is a fool for underestimating DiPietro. If healthy, DiPietro would be up for the Vezina.

How quickly people forget that DiPietro was the first overall pick in 2000. He was clearly better than Heatley and Gaborik, and was compared to Grant Fuhr in Beckett's draft preview. Dany Heatley was compared to Tim Kerr and Marian Gaborik was compared to another player who I can't think of right now, but obviously, Fuhr was better than Kerr. How many cups did Tim Kerr win?

DiPietro made 73 saves for BU in the Frozen Four tournament. How many goalies can say that? He also handles the puck extremely well, and he made a great save on Mike Modano in 2006, but detractors like to forget these things. All people do is remember the negative things about DiPietro. They're probably still mad becaue Luongo got traded. But how many playoff games did Luongo play for the Islanders. DiPietro made 73 saves for BU in 2000. It was an overtime game and he made 73 saves.

Why is it that everyone is so down on this guy? He made a great save on Mike Modano in 2006, and was a starter on the Olympic team in 2006. And oh yeah, he was also an NHL All-Star in 2008. How conveniently everyone forgets that! He was compared to Grant Fuhr, and he made 73 saves for BU in the 2000 Frozen Four tournament.

The guy catches with his right hand. He had an assist in his first ever NHL game, and he was chosen first overall ahead of Heatley and Gaborik. How many goalies can say that? He was an All-Star in 2008 and was the starter on the 06 Olympic team. I can't think of any other goalies who can say that and made a great save on Mike Modano in 2006 and made 73 saves for BU in 2000.

Really, if not for the injuries, he would have won the Vezina at least twice, and probably would have won at least one Stanley Cup. He handles the puck great, and had an assist in his first NHL game... and it was an assist against the Buffalo Sabres with Dominik Hasek in the other net. I mean, how many goalies can say that they got an assist in their first game against Dominik Hasek and made a great save against Mike Modano just six year later? He was also an All-Star in 08.

Another thing that people really seem to ignore, and I don't understand it, is that whether he has long hair or a buzzcut, he's extremely attractive. I mean, here's a guy who is incredibly handsome, made 73 saves for BU in 2000, was a US Olympic starting goaltender, a 2008 All-Star, made a great save on Mike Modano in 2006, is cute as a button, probably even more handsome than Modano, was once compared to Grant Fuhr, was the first goalie to be chosen first overall, and made 73 saves in a high pressured NCAA game, and was a US olympic goaltnder in addition to being an All-Star, and he's not considered a top 20 goaltender? Well, I don't know what a top goaltender is to you guys, but when you take everything and pull it all together, DiPietro is one of the best! I don't know what people expect from this guy. I guess they just like to rip on him because he's an easy target after the Isladners traded Luongo to make room for him.

Get over it folks, DiPietro is one of the best.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote