View Single Post
Old
10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
My first real memory of the Habs was Dryden's first year, where he came in and played 5-6 games at the end of the season, and then stoned the Bruins, the powerhouse Bruins...we had some serious offensive horses in those days, and Dryden made a couple of coaches including Bowman look good....

JM has never been a favorite of mine, but was glad when we hired him, we got away from rookie coaches. I would like to see him turn them loose like he used to do with the Sens, just not sure we have the horses at Centre Ice?

We will see another Cup, keep the faith!

The Sens were never known as a loose team under Martin. If you go back to that era, you will find that the sens were one of the stingiest teams, and if you were down after two periods to this team, then you might as well turn off the TV because you weren't coming back.

Sure, Martin had one of the highest scoring teams in the league, but it was a team built with a tight defense first system. When you have players like Alfredsson, Yashin, Havlat, Hossa, Spezza etc... then you were going to create chances regardless.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote