View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 02:43 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler-Kiwi
I have sent 3 emails to the Oilers in the last 3 months about my trip to Edmonton in March next year from 8th to 20th. I would like to purchase tickets for the 5 games in that time period and have not heard a scooby back from them. I'm spending about $1100 cdn just for my airfares to come over and want to guarantee I'll get tickets to those games. I already have purchased tickets from the Flames for 2 games at the Saddledome v the Oilers on 9th and Senators on 11th.

Here's the last email I sent to the Director of Sales Eric Upton on October 17th whose name I was given by an Oilers employee over the phone:-

Dear Mr Upton,

My name is Erik Burgess and have booked flights to come over from Scotland to Edmonton, arriving March 8th, 2004 for 12 days. The main purpose for my visit is specifically to see the Oilers play and I would be grateful if I could purchase tickets for the following games: -

March 10th v Colorado
March 12th v Vancouver
March 14th v Ottawa
March 16th v Columbus
March 19th v Nashville

I can apppreciate that the Oilers season ticket base is at it's highest for many seasons, there are limited number of tickets available for sale and they aren't released for sale to the public through Ticketmaster until February 2004. I would be very grateful if I could purchase tickets in advance of February 2004. I can send a copy of my flight details to confirm that I will definitely be in Edmonton on the aforementioned dates. Look forward to hearing back from you on what is the best way forward in solving my query.

Regards,

Erik Burgess

Any other suggestions on what I can do to guarantee tickets or do I just wait till February and potentially miss out on the games against the Canucks and Avs which are likely to be sellouts quickly?
Do you know/trust any season ticket holders? They can buy tickets in advance then have you repay. I know it's not the most desirable outcome, but that would be a way.