View Single Post
Old
11-02-2005, 12:15 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Agreed, but man did we stink it up in the second period! Harts has to control his temper and we have to stop taking stupid penalties. Things look so bad because we are down a man half the game.....

I agree that's some of it, but the PP is terrible right now. It'd be one thing if we were generating chances at ES and on the PP and just weren't getting enough time to do so, but we're still getting beat by that cycle in our zone. Everyone is so scared of taking a penalty that they're strictly playing the puck and it's not working. We're losing every battle along the boards...and that's partly because we're so much smaller than our opponents...but some kind of adjustment has to be made. It's especially discouraging when we were seeing the same type of thing in the games we were winning. The difference is that our little tricks were working on the PP and we were able to get ahead that way. Well, teams aren't dumb...they've watched the tape, and they know to watch for that cross-slot pass from Sullivan to Kariya, and to cover the pinching defender skating down the right hand circle for the one timer. BC commented in the chat room that he's sick of seeing us try the SAME THING on the power play EVERY time, those same set plays...and I have to agree with him. We've had three straight awful games(more, if you count bad games that we won) that looked eerily similar to each other on our part. The ball is in Trotz's court as far as shuffling SOMETHING. I know Walker's injury is a big blow, but it shouldn't cause a team to fall apart like this...especially when he's out "indefinitely."