Thread: PGT: Learning to Win
View Single Post
Old
10-22-2011, 11:50 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
That was a great TEAM win, it's amazing what a difference it makes when the vets play well. Smyth-Horc-Jones were phenomenal tonight, they played most of the game in the Rangers zone, fantastic stuff.

I loved RNH's game, he was terrific in all zones, Eberle played fine but just needs to settle down when he gets in scoring areas and Hall is clearly fighting it now. He almost cost us in the 3rd with some boneheaded plays, he'll be learn and be better for it.

Khabibulin has been amazing, vezina caliber amazing. I don't know if it'll keep up but WOW. His play might put off Dubnyk's development for another year, i don't know if that's a good thing long term but Renney needs to continue to ride Khabby for the time being. It's weird because he usually plays like this in contract years but as we all know only too well, this is no contract year but whatever, good for him.

The defense outside of some Barker laziness in the 3rd was AGAIN very good. Whitney started to play better in the second half of the game and we MIGHT have found a top 4 gem in Potter. I think that he has maybe made 1-2 mistakes all year, he's been a god send. Smid has been great as well, i don't think that he gets enough talk around here for turning around his game.

See what happens when Renney employs an attacking, forechecking system up 1-2 goals, it makes a world of difference and tires out the other team, the Rangers were dead tired in the last several minutes. This is why a lot us were moaning after the last 2 games, we could have been 5-1-1 but i digress.
Anyway, that was fun to watch, lets keep this thing rolling.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote