View Single Post
Old
10-23-2011, 01:50 AM
BluechipBulletin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
I disagree.

Sometimes being young works in your favor because everyone looks at the potential and promise and looks glass half full at any of your accomplishments....(and maybe that is what the OP is driving at).

...but I think in Boucher's case this is overshadowed by the fact that now that Boucher is getting a LOT of exposure playing in the best developmental league in hockey(OHL-CHL), he'll be likely to go higher had he been 2012 eligible.

(The OHL especially has a great track record with top stars, and well, Fail for Nail).

Let's say Yakupov gets 115 points he's going to go first overall. If Boucher who is a teammate, at times linemate, is only 1 month older, if he were eligible for the same draft and put up 55 goals and say 40 assists for 95 points, you think he'd go 4th round?

Even if Boucher is the Zach Phillips bridesmade after Bealieau and after Huberdeau, you'd still expect him to go waaay higher then the 4th round.

just my 2 cents.
It's hard to get more exposure than the NTDP. There isn't a CHL team more heavily scouted than the NTDP.

BluechipBulletin is offline   Reply With Quote