View Single Post
Old
10-23-2011, 10:54 AM
truebluegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Yeah and that's how far it's going to go. Torts isn't getting canned unless we don't make the playoffs or do and don't go pass the first round. He's got the whole season to go, so we better get used to him.

The only way I can possibly envision him being fired before that point is if we are doing absolutely horrible at the midway point of the season. And there's no way Sather goes anywhere no matter what we do. Unless he dies.
caps were 6-14-1 when they fired Hanlon and hired Boudreau in 2007 and he finished the season with a 37-14-7 record. Will the rangers be that bad in November? I doubt it, but I think this upcoming homestand is huge, if they play as poorly as they have on this roadtrip, I think there could be some serious discussion about replacing him because then, the biggest excuse of all (the horrible travel) is gone. And you can talk all you want about the two major injuries, but every team has to deal with them, Pens lost Crosby and Malkin last year for an extended period of time and didn't miss a beat.

So I think this upcoming homestand will be huge, one way or another.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote