View Single Post
Old
10-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
If we got Booth we would be making the same complaints we are currently. He is for sure not the guy. I dont get why people talk about how we need a true first liner or PPG player.... Then go on to complain when 40-50 pt players get moved or taken. I dont get it...Booth is a second liner, something our team is full of.
Here's the thing, its the mentality of paying the price to get missing pieces that is sorely lacking in Poile's mentality this year. And yeah Booth maybe not the answer but he is "a fisher kind of player." The guy is 26 years old and in a five year career has had over 20 goals three years including a 31 goal, 60 point season on a terrible florida team. We have talked about getting a guy like Hartnell back who is a tough guy willing to go to the net. Booth goes to the net. Booth is a guy I thought we may have had on our radar.

Not saying he would've cured everything... but for what Vancouver gave up (two aging veterans) is a steal for a consistent 20 goal, 26 year old power forward. Just my thoughts but I am sure everyone disagrees.