View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 04:02 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 500
Doug Riseborough is sticking to his guns here, and he is the good guy right now. I'm not sure how much Gaborik is asking for, but by sitting out all year so early in a carreer you're only doing harm to yourself. Bad reputation, bad attitude and only bad things happen. Look at what happened to Alexei Yashin not too long ago (despite already having a contract). Look at what happened to Lindros. They're shells of their former selves. Neither will ever score 40 goals again, Gaborik's never done it before. Long holdouts, only bad things happen to you. The Wild have no room to cave in here, depsite a low payroll, they're setting a standard for the CBA, new salary structure by leaving their ONLY real star off the team. If the Wild still make the playoffs without Gaborik (and with their system, they don't need a super star as documented with Gaborik's long slump last season and other guys like Brunette and Dupuis stepping up. They'll be the big winners.

And if I sound like a total idiot, I don't even know what he is asking for. I would imagine it is in excess of 5 million. In a long term 6-year deal, that's how much I'd give him.