View Single Post
Old
10-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Thats a helluva prospective lineup. I agree that we're missing top-six talent, even with the acquisition of Richards. At this point in their careers, Callahan and Anisimov are not second-line players. Stepan cannot also be relied upon this year. And Boyle-Prust-Feds is a very good fourth-line, nothing more. They should not be getting 15+ minutes a game.
Some really good observations here. I have been saying all along that our team lacks high end talent and really has only one legitimate goal scorer. Ideally, Duby, Cally and Anni should be a 3rd line where they would be more comfortable and would create mismatch problems for other teams. D-Step is fine as a wing on the 1st line for the time being but he will eventually slot in as the 2nd line center with Kreider(hopefully, if he pans out) and someone else. I doubt very much that Parise makes it to free agency but if he does, that's a player that you jump through hoops for and open up the vault to sign.
Boyle, Prust and Rupp(we did sign him for 3 years @1.5 mil) are fine as a 4th line.
As presently constructed, I'm not sure that a system highlighting creativity would work for us.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote