Thread: Recalled/Assigned: ROFL Aaron Palushaj sent down (post #135)
View Single Post
Old
10-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
The 4rt line wasn't doing its job ; but neither were most of the other lines. Or the D pairs for that matter. And I do not think the 4rth line was the one costing us wins.

The moves today may upgrade the 4rth line from incoherent-and-inexperienced to journeymenny-mediocre but it's not a GOOD 4rth line by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus they don't address in any way the more pressing issues that have been plaguing the team which are the feeble D core, the disorganised special teams led by questionnable coaching.

I think that's why, while the trade/call-up themselves are not atrocious and may be a teeny-tiny step in the right direction, the fan base is feeling let down and should be expecting more.
I think the 4th line was actually so problematic that it was a pressing need. I'm usually in agreement that 4th lines are inconsequential and don't have a real impact on the result of the game. However, this 4th line was so overmatched that it was giving up scoring chances (luckily, Montreal hasn't been playing good 4th lines, so it never really cost the team too much). But this leads to penalties, which then leads to real scoring chances (and goals against).

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote