View Single Post
Old
10-24-2011, 12:46 AM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No, bryz was the backup to a cup winner
While this is true, he did basically win (3 of 4) of the first round in the 2007 cup run.

He won 2 series the year before. In 2010 the PHX/DET series was very competitive...and rumors abounded that the 2011 PHX/DET series was rife with uncertainty about if PHX was becoming the new Winnepeg. It really had a big effect on the locker room.

I have no idea why anyone thats not named Ed Snider cares about this contract. If the Flyers want to move him at some point, they will find a way to do it (yes i know he has a NMC), i have no doubts. Snider has show NO issues with burying expensive salary in the past, i doubt its going to change.

As far as his play goes...I can see why hes a good goalie. He's very consistent,big in net, and doesn't overplay. Maybe 1 of the goals in the last 2 games were on him....bad defense, and bad luck. How many times against STL did people fall down or pucks bounce...I think the ice was VERY bad Saturday. I'm sure he will be fine when our defense decides to actually start playing.