View Single Post
Old
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Just because we want to trade Christ, Wolski and MZA, does not mean others will take them, especially for quality players.

We may need to give up someone we don't want to give up. I am not excited about trading for defensemen for that reason. If we have to blow a hole somewhere to get a defenseman because we are not patient enough to wait for some guys to return or develop as prospects, thats not a good way to build a team.

We have a good top four and three excellent young guys in McIlrath, MDZ and Erixon.

We are also not deep enough anywhere to start blowing holes in one place to close them in others.

The only trades I would want to make now would involve WW, MZA and Christ, but I don't see us getting a top 6 forward or a top four defenseman for the.

We could potentially acwuire a better #7 defenseman or a fourth liner for them, but not much more.

I would love it if they were used to get us another Prust, a scrappy right wing grinder who will be useful to the team for years to come.
Agree, I am not a fan of this trade for a D business, even if Staal is going to be out a few months. Just ride it out and if the team's D is weak for awhile so be it. Plus it allows some of the kids more time to develop. Look what happened when McD and Sauer were allowed to step in and get some serious minutes.