View Single Post
Old
10-24-2011, 02:27 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Richards is a lock for 25+ goals.

Honestly, I think he should be producing more in the goals department than he usually does - just look at some of the goals he's scored. Pure, utter skill. He's got great hands and a great shot - if he added that dimension to his game, he'd be a dominant force . . . but he's been in the league for 10+ years, if he hasn't changed in that time, he's not going to change now, IMO.

In regards to his play this season, he's been good, but he needs to be better. He has 1 primary assist and 1 goal (coupled with 3 secondary assists). Maybe it's the way the team has played, maybe it's the AHL-caliber transition game lowering his overall game - whatever it is, he needs to pick it up if this team wants to go from pretender to contender (excuse the tackiness of that line).

I'm hoping that Torts at least ATTEMPTS to play Wolski in a more offensively oriented role tonight...but we know that he won't, despite the clear lack of creativity in the top-9, and the creativity that Wolski can bring to this lineup. I am far from a "Wolski fan" (although him being Polish certainly helps), but he needs a chance to play with other talented players. Maybe try this:

Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Wolski
Prust-Boyle-Callahan
Rupp-Newbury-Fedotenko

4 capable lines.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.