View Single Post
Old
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
What could we possibly send to them for JBo? I've been a fan of his since his Florida days, but we don't have the capspace. We're talking Wolski going the other way plus an additional 3M. The only players we have making 3M or more are: Richards (No), Gaborik (No), Callahan (Captain, no), Dubinsky (possible, but seeing as how thin we are at LW, seems unlikely), and Girardi (Hmm... JBo is an upgrade on him but at 2x the caphit).

Wolski + Girardi for JBo kind of intrigues me. JBo essentially replaces Girardi... Girardi's stock will never be higher than it is now. I'd really think hard about something like that. Not sure why Calgary would go for that, though.
It's just not worth it though. Girardi's stock is higher now than its ever been because he's logging 30 minutes a game and handling it fine. But the reality is his stock as been high the last few seasons as he has developed into one of the most steady defenseman in the league. He could be a top 2 on a lot of team with how well he plays defense. I like J Bo but that salary is just too much and we'd be trading Girardi for him with the HOPE that he turns his game around and starts being more productive again. Just doesn't make sense.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote