View Single Post
Old
11-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Boogs24

vCash: 500
I do respect your opinion on enforces, and from all accounts it looks as if Westrum deserves a chance to come up BUT is Derek the one who should have his spot replaced? He is an enforcer and even some Canuck fans on their message board here on HF are commenting on how effective Derek has been, that's from Canucks fans. Now his stats sit at 11 GP with 1 G and 2 A (tied for 7th, albeit not spectacular, but recieving lowest amount of ice time on the team and is obviously doing as much as he can with it), + 2 (tied for third thus far, league average is just below 0, not really a defensive liability), leading the team in PIMS of course at 30 and 20 of which are fighting major's, and goes out and hits anybody with the puck without taking himself out of position and finishing his check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
I think he has played his role well. Personally i have never been a fan of the enforcer. Like the article said, something like. We dress Shelly so he can fight Larques. well if neither were in the line up they would not have to dress to fight each other. But my problem is if the wild continue to score 0-2 goals a game we can't have an enforcer in the line up every night when it is not needed. Not only is he not a scoring threat he is not a penalty killer either. With the new rules, although the wild are disaplined, guys get tired killing penalties. Then we counter with Boogaard to even the score, not a good plan. I do not know if Westrum would add a few points but he a better chance and he can kill penalties. Boogaard to me and most every true enforcer just eat up a roster spots.

And when people say he skates well for his size. Thats like saying an offensive line man has good hands or moves well for his size. They are not a wide recievers or running backs.