Thread: Sheldon Souray
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Veteran journeyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
HUGE difference between Rolston and Souray.

All players should be responsible regardless of where they are on the ice, but Rolston is not here as a defenseman. He is here to stabilize the third line, and provide offense on the power play. Souray is a defenseman. He would be required to be a greater forced on the blue line and contribute on the power play. Souray has had a career of struggling in his own end, and with a young, impressionable defense, I could not THANK Snow and Wang more for not going after Souray.

I know the team is having some trouble with consistency, but the season is young, and the team has to continue to go through its growing pains. Anyone really believe this team should be where the Caps are was deluding themselves.

We are still building. But Souray is not the answer.

He's doing a great job...everyone wants to trade the entire third line. He's here to buffer our cap number to get to the floor, if we really want to be honest about it. Again, I'm not arguing for Souray. But we can't say it was about avoiding the $5m cap hit on a player not worth that money when Garth brought Rolston in on the same price to reach the floor. Is he worth $5m?

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote