View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1234 View Post
Interesting that you chose $4.25M as the ideal cap hit for Cammalleri. Are you preparing yourself to defend the Penner trade?

Dustin Penner got traded near the deadline last year to the LA Kings in return of a prospect, a 1st round pick and a conditional pick. His cap hit is $4.25M.

I think Cammalleri has more impact on a game than Penner and more value despite the $1.75M difference in cap hit. Obviously he his more difficult to trade because less teams have the extra space, but he has more value.
There is no doubt that Penner is overpaid. I didn't pick $4.25M because of Penner.

And yeah, Cammalleri has more value than Penner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I've seen them. I think he suffers from playing with a lot of other small players. That's the situation he's stuck in but with a big body on the ice he would return to a 75-80 point production level.
Maybe the Habs should go out and get themselves a player like that. Oh wait, those kind of guys cost money. Money the Habs have spent on too many guys the size of Cammalleri. Again, it isn't that Cammalleri is a bad player. He is simply overpaid for what he provides and with another year remaining on his deal, I think that hurts his trade value.

Last edited by KINGS17: 10-25-2011 at 02:48 PM.
KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote