View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 03:07 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I love Gillies but I would rather Have Haley play than him.....Hes good when the opposition has a true Heavyweight, but that about it.....He on plays about 2 1/2 min per game, which is a waste IMO....And this is Pro Hockey, Nobody is really afraid of anyone...sure thier are guys who wont drop the gloves or guys who turtle and slap like Talbot, but not everyone changes thier game out of fear of a beat down...sure someguys might think twice about taking liberties, but for the most part its going to almost always happen, Gillies or no Gillies...
To me this is why Gillies IS valuable to us...Take Gillies off this team and who is willing to take a 10 game suspension to prove a point? And for the record, If someone takes a liberty and Gillies does something brutal...that's how it goes. If you don't like it, don't take liberties with guys like Tavares, Grabner, Moulson, PAP etc.

I don't approve of injuring players but everyone knows what Gillies is here for. Its up to the other teams whether he's gonna have to "do his job" or not. Suspensions and all.

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote