View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 08:40 PM
oildrop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN
I think Dave Scatchard is the best deal out there for the oil. He's big, tough and he can score. 27 Goals last year on the third line in NY.

Comrie or Scatchard, who would you rather see in your lineup in a tough playoff battle vs Dallas? Scatchard can beat you in a lot of different ways and he's a great Faceoff man. This is the best deal out there for the oil! I would do it straight up.
In a side deal we should get Hurme from Atlanta. He's very underated. He's a goalie that could steal some games for you. He always has a good save %. The only reason he hasn't been a starter is because he has been a backup to two great starters (Lalime and Luongo).
The next move should be to put Salo on waivers. Nobody is going to give you anything for him in a trade. On waivers maybe someone could claim him and his 4 million dollars. If not, your stuck with his salary for the remaining year and you don't pick up next years option.

These simple moves will get us far into the playoffs. The oil have a good team, despite this current losing streak. Our weakness is small centres and bad goaltending. This would address both!

What do you guys think?

Ummmm...Scathard is injured right now. Out for a couple more weeks too I believe.