View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
HockeyHD
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Forward or Defenceman?

If we were to somehow keep up our losing habits the rest of the season and beat out Columbus for the first overall draft pick, would you draft a forward or a defenceman? I know it's early and it depends on what's available. If you had the choice though, what area do we need more help in?

My answer: forward

Montreal hasn't had a player they can call a superstar in YEARS. We were last amongst playoff teams last year in the scoring department and the trend has gotten even worse so far this year. We're constantly making average goalies look good. I know many of you blame Martin's defensive system and I agree to some extent, but it is glaringly obvious that we don't have a superstar; something I think the Habs need. Someone you can rely on. A player you can count on to be a constant threat every time he hits the ice (preferably a power forward that adds size and grit).

I do realize we're lacking in experience defensively with the departures of Hamrlik and Wisniewski. Some of the rookies look downright terrible out there. So, you could argue either way. I just think this team is more desperate for a star forward right now.

HockeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote