View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 06:01 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
You mean Ol' Healthy Scratch Konopka? He's certainly working wonders up in Ottawa.

Garth made the right call there and with Martinek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeJedd View Post
To those crowing for Konopka, other than his faceoff % he was garbage. The guy was in plenty of fights but fought to the best of a draw, most he lost, and his faceoff win % mattered squat when you couldn't trust him to stay engaged in the play afterwards. Sorry but for the good Konopka brought he was far worse.

LOL....my post wasn't a veiled admission to wanting Konopka back....but it's really six of one & half a dozen of the other regarding team needs. The board's a weathervane - I'd bet that right after the first game to hit triple digit penalties, we'd see a few recanted statements regarding Gillies' worth.

I'm just sick of seeing the team play listless a lot earlier in the season, having seen them add more of that mean component to their game. Names and previous tenures aside, It'd be great to have a guy like Asham back.

It's not as hard to stomach losing when the likelihood of 2 of the 6 players who actually woke up for the season (Tavares, Parenteau, Streit, Martin, Hamonic, Moulson) aren't the only deterrent to opponents taking liberties.....causing the defacto #2 d-man and best checking winger to spend extra time in the penalty box.

Last edited by CanseiDeSerBreakcore: 10-25-2011 at 06:09 PM.
CanseiDeSerBreakcore is online now   Reply With Quote