View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 06:18 PM
james bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Actually, everyone has agreed with me, maybe you need to start reading.

Now, I don't know what your beef is, I would guess that your beloved hockey is not as popular as you think, and that most people don't care about it. I don't know if I've honestly met a more disillusioned/ignorant person.

Basically, EVERYONE has been bashing you in this thread, you've barely had 1 single correct statement.

And you said "LOL YOU THINK HANDBALL IS MORE POPULAR IN SWEDEN" and then you bash me for saying "No I'm from Sweden, I know" because I'm only from 1 European country? Dude... Really?
Jonimaus, what you need to understand is that Canadians believe, or want to believe is that Hockey is essentially the mirror sport of Soccer. Canadians want to believe that there is many other nations that have Hockey as their number one sport and this shows that Canada's gold metals are truly meaningful. By you pointing out that Sweden and other countries put other sports ahead of hockey is like a kick in the groin. It is kind of weird though as Canadians claim that hockey is Canada's game.

As for growth, if there is any it would be slow as there is debt crisis going on right now and most governments have other concerns.

james bond is offline   Reply With Quote