View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Thanks for the feedback guys. Right now, I play in 2 beer leagues. The first beer league is on a pretty high level, where most players played at least club college hockey, and a decent amount higher than that. It is a true "A" division men's league (if that exists...). The league is pretty physical despite being non-contact, and there's a lot of stick work.

The other league is a much slower league with generally slower players. I'm much more skilled than the vast majority of the league and because of that I get hacked a lot. I put a lot of weight into my wrist shots and lean heavily on the stick to generate some whip. I think the problem may have been that the stick wasn't a high enough flex, but I'm not really sure.

I'd say it's a mix of playing some pretty competitive, chippy hockey, getting hacked a lot, and putting a lot of weight into my shots. I think that 3 out of the last 4 sticks I broke snapped right in half.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote