View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 07:18 PM
OthmarAmmann
Omnishambles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
It depends where in New York you're going, but odds are the $5 ticket from Newark to New York plus whatever cab fare you pay from Penn Station to wherever you're going is going to be substantially less than $90. Personally speaking, the cab would have to save an awful lot of time to be worth the $60-70 difference. My time isn't worth all that much.
It could be more convenient too. During rush hour I wouldn't even consider a cab. The only time I take a car to Newark is very late at night or very early in the morning. I also prefer flying out of La Guardia if possible.

So I basically found a deal on a flight and booked it, but now I have to figure out what I'm going to do and where I'm going to stay. I'll likely take in the Oilers game. I briefly skimmed this thread and read the wikitravel article but am still trying to figure out some things to do. I no longer golf for blood pressure and mental health reasons.

Any thoughts on hikes in the area? I noticed that there seems to be a number of national forests around the Phoenix metro area. Anything good? Don't see myself heading up to Sedona or Flagstaff unless the weather is decent.

I am also very much interested in southwestern cuisine. Any recommendations would be very much welcome.

OthmarAmmann is offline   Reply With Quote