Thread: JVR's ice time
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 07:30 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Remember when he signed his extension despite not having proven a thing and everyone was all "yay" and some of us were all "ehhhh this is kinda scary. I like JVR and all but..." and then you were all like "hater!". Well, we are 8 games in, and he looks like JVR of old. WHo is a solid enough player, but nowhere near deserving of the contract he signed.

I will continue to hope he turns into playoff JVR full time.
Deserving of the contract he signed? You mean the one that doesnt start until next season?

Jeez, the entire argument made by the people you are referring to is that by the time the contract starts, JVR will be deserving of $4m per year. Until then, you can not say he is deserved of anything.

That being said, I expect JVR to be producing more. I also believe that if he was given 16-18 minutes per game, he certainly would be producing more.

Unfortunately for him, players like Read have surprised and seized some of the ice time we expected to go to JVR (especially on the PP). That's not an excuse though, as JVR should obviously have to prove that he deserves the ice time before he is given it.

His play hasnt been great, no arguments there from me, but he also hasnt been put into a position to succeed yet either.

I've been saying it for a while, JVR and Schenn would be the best combo for each of them. I'm disappointed that we have yet to see it.

I propose these lines:

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Schenn-Read
Simmonds-Briere-Voracek

JVR needs to be given room to skate. We cant keep putting him with skill guys like Giroux, Voracek and Briere. Let him have a little room and take the leash off a little and I think he will play up to his contract (which again doesnt kick in until next year )

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote