View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
LOL You mean to say that Emelin, who has very little winger experience, the player who is being benched, for his lack of NA defensive experience, is expected to play a fantastic shut down role in a position he's never played before?

Im REALLY happy they brought up Pulashaj. Because Emelin should be playing defence, and focusing on that. No reason to throw him around the wringer just because he didnt fit like a glove right off the hop.
So it was OK to make a RW of Weber? Playing LW isn't as demanding as playing D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Ok... Im not entirely a skeptic, I more or less thought that being the pressure cooker in Montreal... Perhaps it's wise to leave these NUTTY ideas behind locked doors (I would have banned media today before icing Emelin as a Winger). Martin can try whatever while he runs the team.

However it is a bad move, because Emelin is trying to master the NA game. He's a very solid defenceman from the Russian National team, so we know he can handle our game... It's just some fine tuning, and Martins is wasting experience to a guy who is in the midst of a rough adjustment, and telling him to play a position that I have never heard Emelin play professionally on the wing. We dont even know if the kid is comfortable playing out of position hes been here all of 2 months, and he's being tossed around like a rag doll.

If we could give him a consistent situation to learn our game in, then maybe we could rely on him to be a bigger member of our defence. Considering he IS our defenceman who actually doesnt have to push himself to play physical, I dont see why he cant be given opportunities on defence, because I believe this guy has potential to be a fantastic Defenceman in this league. Due to his contract, we dont have a whole lot of breathing room when it comes to his playing career.
If Emelin is regarded as the 7th Dman he'll sit against the Flyers and Bruins. Better to let him play at LW than not to play at all. I'd trust him ahead of Palushaj against those two teams. The Habs have been treated like pinatas so far.

Last edited by Mike8: 10-26-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote