View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 09:13 PM
NHL Lady

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Eagles could be appropriate, as Florida has the 2nd largest population of bald eagles in the US. However, we've been beaten by the Colorado Eagles, now an active member of the ECHL.

Worcester IceCats, the former AHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues, who played their last game in 2005. There's a potential issue with the Panthers, implying an affiliation that may not be there. Personally, I'm not a fan of any name that has 'ice' in front of it. Sounds bush league, IMO.

Firebirds seems to be available, but I'd rather be the Thunderbirds. Firebirds inevitably get linked to the phoenix, and the American west, which doesn't seem to Orlando-y.

I'd be okay with Thunderbirds being out. I'm not exactly crazy about the name, since it's so associated with a car (also like Firebird), and Thunderbirds in particular has this 40's-50's 'OMG! The Soviets are going to kill us all!' type feel.

As for the NHL-AAA-AA distance, see TB-Norfolk-Estero (Everblades) or Winnipeg-St. John's (NFL)-Colorado or NYR-Connecticut-Greenville (SC)
Worcester is now the Sharks though...

That being said...

Here's a few more:

Orlando WarEagles
Orlando ThunderCats
Orlando Storm

NHL Lady is offline   Reply With Quote