Thread: JVR's ice time
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
22 years old isn't at young as you think it is nowadays. Skinner put up 60+ points at 18, THAT'S young. JvR is on his 3rd season as a full time NHL'er and hasn't shown that he can carry a team, let alone a line (besides the short playoff stint of course). Besides one ridiculous backhand I remember him having over Lundqvist, he doesn't really have a shot. His hands aren't excellent as well. He usually just drives wide and tosses it on net. He's just big and fast. I still really hope I'm incredibly wrong and he just busts out with 70+ points. Really...really hope.
Skinner had PLENTY of opportunities to get chances on the PP. Carolina doesn't exactly have an overflowing talent situation and to his credit he siezed the opportunities he was given.

I loled earlier in the season when i read that Pierre McGuire thought Matt Read had a chance at the Calder...he might have the talent, but he won't get the ice time. Its just not going to happen on this roster. Couturier looks pretty awesome...on another team he might have a shot at it...not here.

I'll disagree about JVRs talents. I think he has great hands.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote