View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 04:33 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
It is a shame that after the high last season ended on, that the offseason was so miserable and they've started so poorly.

Sometimes it does seem like it would take a miracle just to score a single goal.

I really am tired of hearing about money. I know we will, most likely, never be a cap spending team. But at some point we have to start spending some money for a good offensive player to truly compete. I know, we're saving money to pay the "3" and that's great. So we sign them and we can stop the puck. But we still need someone to score. Jason Arnott asked for help, Weber asked for help. Yet we still don't have the offensive tools to be a real threat to score. I know we're depending on that big revenue sharing check, but at some point we have to actually spend above the midpoint of the cap. We can't keep being a floor team and think this team is ever going to be more than a 1-2 year contender. I don't want to be the development ground for the other teams future stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I am going to keep going to games because I love hockey and love the people I have met but this team is not going to get any merchandise money out of me for the foreseeable future. And I will be sporting other teams jerseys until they figure out how to win at home.
So you're not a Preds fan anymore? Or is it only cool to wear a Predators jersey when they're winning? Meanwhile, we're only 0-2-1 at home and were 3-0 during the preseason.