View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Superstar Carwash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritikal View Post
The one hiccup with trading Lundqvist is his cap hit. Yes, he's an elite goalie. Yes, he's world-class. The issue is that he carries a 6.875M cap hit. If he was making something closer to what Luongo is making (5.333M) he would fetch a hell of a lot more (then again, Luongo has one of those lifetime contracts).

Realistically, with the way the goalie market is, I would see us getting a 1st, 2nd, and a top-6 F or top-4 D, and I don't think that's worth it. Biron is almost 40, and none of our goalie prospects look ready for full-time NHL duty (CJ didn't look terrible, and Talbot didn't look bad in preseason). There's also the factor of the fans rioting (figuratively) when they hear, demanding Sather's head. Would be interesting...
Isn't Biron like 34?

But yeah, I agree with you. Wouldn't fetch us much. There are a lot of really good goalies out there. The difference between the top5 goalies in NHL are literally nothing. The difference between top15 isn't that big either.

The need for a top6 forward or top4 defenseman is way greater than an established number 1 goalie, because _most_ teams have one already.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote